About Birds of the World
Birds of the World is a powerful research database that brings together deep, scholarly content from four celebrated works of ornithology with millions of bird observations from eBird and multimedia from the Macaulay Library into a single platform where biologists and birders can explore comprehensive life history information on birds.
Below is a description-in-brief:
- 10,721 species accounts
- 9 free accounts every month
- 249 bird family accounts
- 500 million+ eBird observations
- 100,000+ research citations
- 21,000 color illustrations of every species, and many subspecies
- Tens of thousands of media assets (photos, videos, and sound recordings) from the Macaulay Library
- Range maps, eBird abundance maps, and animated migration maps
- Avian taxonomy explorer
- Subscription access to individuals, institutions and nonprofits
- Ongoing updates
Birds of the World is available by subscription to anyone in the world. View the links in the left sidebar for more information.