Red-billed Curassow Crax blumenbachii
Version: 1.0 — Published June 17, 2011
Account navigation Account navigation
Priorities for Future Research
Welcome to Birds of the World!
You are currently viewing one of the free accounts available in our complimentary tour of Birds of the World. In this courtesy review, you can access all the life history articles and the multimedia galleries associated with this account.
For complete access to all accounts, a subscription is required.
Already a subscriber? Sign in
- Surveys in the seven areas of occurrence by using the same methods used in other studies of the species (line transect, camera traps)
- Continue to monitor reintroduced birds
- Supplement the reintroduced population in Guapiaçu Ecological Reserve (Rio de Janeiro , Brazil)
- Increase the areas' protection with intensive vigilance of the areas
- Environmental education (with both local and national programs)
- Increase the number of breeding centers, especially public ones (e.g. zoos)
- Reintroduction of populations in areas with low hunting pressure that can be connected in the future with areas of known occurrence of the species.